Monday, October 11, 2010

Education Genre

In light of the recent events that took place in class while I was absent on Thursday I wanted to put up my blog post to address a few of my feelings. I was in Atlanta Thursday for a conference and I was sad to see that there had obviously been some rough waters in the English 314 sea while I was gone. I hope that this will not cause us to lose the opportunity to experience genres of education outside out major courses.

I love engineering, but it is by no means the only thing I want to study during my entire time at Clemson University. I do want to be a well rounded student, and even though my major is not English I think this course, and others that are required, play an important part in my education being well rounded. I have enjoyed the class so far and I hope it continues to provide me opportunities to study things outside my engineering disciplines.

I am also looking forward to the group project as it will take me far outside the realms of engineering. This project will not only be geared towards an English class, but the document we are planning to create will be for the forestry department. I know very little about forestry right now, but I intend to take this opportunity to learn some things about something I would otherwise probably never consider studying. I love the experience of College at a large highly recognized public University, and I think when I leave Clemson I will be thankful for everything I have experienced here.

1 comment:

  1. I believe this forestry project will be very interesting for you. I know alot of the people who are in the forestry organization and I know they are very cooperative and great to work with.
    I think we are all getting some new experiences out of this class, but I think all that we learn will be very much apart of all our lives in the future.

    ReplyDelete