Thursday, September 23, 2010

Group Projects Gone Wrong

In Tech Writing Class we are just getting ready to embark on a semester long group project. Those words "group project"can almost automatically raise my blood pressure. As we discussed on Tuesday there is SO much that can go wrong when it comes to group projects. Scheduling, conflicting personalities, lack of talent, and disagreements are just a few potential stumbling blocks for group projects. I personally am somewhat of the controller / leader type when it comes to working in groups, but personally I would rather just do it myself and that way I am happy with what gets turned in and have no reservations about it. I know that sounds extremely close minded, and it is, but when I hang my degree on my wall at the end of next year my name will be the only name written on it. In the spirit of adding a little media to my blog I went on a search for some group projects gone wrong. This is what I found, be sure to watch it all the way to the end, enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way if you want it done right do it yourself. The video is hilarious I hope he wasn't planning on having kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video, that's what happens when you have slackers and no controllers haha. No one there to say "Look, maybe you shouldn't open it because of the pressure inside..." Great post though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree. I cannot stand the thought of my grade riding on the performance of a slacker. The video is great. It will make you think twice about who you let talk you into doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind working in groups that much. Maybe I just haven't had a really bad experience in a group yet. Just about every group I've been in, everyone has pulled their weight and it's been a good experience so far. I'm sure at some point in the group-participating career this will change but I guess I've just been lucky so far.

    ReplyDelete